Opening Up Your iBeacon
It is very unlikely that you will need to open up your iBeacon. One of the major advantages of using iBeacon is their ability to use as little battery as possible. In the unlikely event of you needing to change the batteries please follow the guides below, depending on your iBeacon model.
Opening Short Range iBeacons
- Use a thin screwdriver, craft knife or pin to prize the top lid of the iBeacon housing open.
- The circuit board should easily slip out of the housing.
- Using a pen or thin screwdriver, push the battery through the battery holder until it comes out the other side.
- Slide the new battery in, with the positive terminal facing down (Test the iBeacon before putting it back into the housing.)
- Put the circuit board back into the iBeacon housing, circuit board facing up.
- Put the closing lid back on.
OPENING LOng RANGE IBEACONS
1. Turn the iBeacon upside down until you can see the faint lines around the sides.
2. Use a thin screwdriver or plastic card to open the back housing.
3. Slowly use a screwdriver to prize the circuit board out of the housing, there is a buzzer loosely stuck on to the housing, take this off carefully.
4. Slide the new battery in, with the positive terminal facing down (Test the iBeacon before putting it back into the housing.)
5. Put the circuit board back into the iBeacon housing, circuit board facing up, and make sure it fits into the two plastic pins.
6. Put the closing lid back on.